I changed it up a little, and I think this time I nailed it!
As always, the ingredients are best if fresh, local, and organic.
What you need:
- 1 lb Buffalo meat
- 1 medium or large eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 sweet, yellow onion
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 golden raisins
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 3 oz water
- Spices (paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper) to taste
- Olive Oil
What you need to do:
- Rough chop your onion and add to a skillet with some olive oil on low-medium heat. Sweat them out for a bit.
- When the onions have become translucent, add in your buffalo meat, and lightly brown it.
- Add in the spices and stir
- Add the tomato paste and water, stir, and allow it to reduce
- Slice your eggplant and zucchini into thin circles
- Toast the eggplant and zucchini in a skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Simply allow the veggies to become golden on each side and then sit aside on a plate.
- Going back to the reduced sauce, add the raisins and walnuts and give it a quick mix.
- Time to layer the ingredients in the slow cooker. Spread a layer of the sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker, then layer the eggplant rounds, and then the zucchini layer on top of that. Repeat as needed.
- Keep the slow cooker on low to medium, and the meal will be ready to be eaten in 2 to 4 hours.
I would love to know if you make this recipe! Please leave a comment or photo below!